Parent Compact Letter
Our school believes that students are more successful at reaching their full academic potential when families and school staff work together as partners. Lake Agassiz Elementary and the parents of the students participating in activities, services, and programs funded by Title I, agree that this School-Parent Compact outlines how they will share the responsibility for improved student academic achievement. In addition, the compact will outline the means by which the school will build and develop a partnership that will help children achieve the State’s high standards.
The school-parent compact is in effect during the 2022 - 23 school year.
Lake Agassiz Elementary will:
1. Provide high-quality curriculum and instruction in a supportive and effective learning environment that enables the participating children to meet the State’s student academic achievement standards as follows:
▪ We will communicate the school’s vision, mission, and goals.
▪ We will maintain and foster high standards of academic achievement and behavior.
▪ We will conduct at least one parent meeting to discuss the Title I School-Parent Compact.
2. Hold parent-teacher conferences during which this compact will be discussed as it relates to the individual child’s achievement. These conferences will be held in the fall and spring.
3. Provide parents with reports on their child’s progress.
▪ We will provide district standards, benchmarks, and critical knowledge to parents through the Frameworks document.
▪ We will share progress reports during conferences held in the fall and spring.
▪ We will provide trimester progress report cards to parents
4. Provide parents reasonable access to staff. Staff will be available for consultation with parents as follows: ▪ We will provide a supportive environment in which families are welcome partners. ▪ We will encourage parents to schedule an appointment to meet with teachers about suggestions, questions, and/or concerns.
5. Provide parents opportunities to volunteer and participate in their child’s class, and to observe classroom activities, as follows:
▪ We will encourage parents to volunteer for a variety of classroom and school wide events. ▪ We will invite parents to participate in and observe classroom activities.
We as parents and partners in our child’s education will support our child’s learning in the following ways:
▪ I will ensure that my child attends school each day and arrives on time.
▪ I will ensure that my child completes his/her homework.
▪ I will encourage my child to read each day.
▪ I will monitor the amount of television my child watches.
▪ I will volunteer in my child’s classroom.
▪ I will participate, as appropriate, in decisions relating to my child’s education.
▪ I will promote positive use of my child's extracurricular time.
▪ I will stay informed about my child's education and communicate with the school by reading all notices from the school or the school district either received by my child or by mail and responding, as appropriate.